Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty In Hyderabad
Safe & Secure | 20+ Years of Experience | Affordable Price | Hyderabad
Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty performed by our plastic surgeon, can dramatically improve the appearance and strength of your abdominal region, revitalize your physique and give you the flat belly you’ve always wanted. Excess fat or skin on the abdomen and lax abdominal muscles can occur after dramatic weight loss or pregnancy. In cases where the problem does not respond to dieting or exercise, the only way to resolve the problem is surgical removal of excess skin.
Tummy Tuck (or abdominoplasty) removes loose skin, stretch marks and fat and tightens weakened, separated muscles in your abdominal area – all of which can have dramatic results for you not just physically, but in terms of altering many of the limitations you’ve come to live with (like not being able to wear normal clothing, or not feeling comfortable when intimate).
Ideal Candidates for Tummy Tuck surgery in Hyderabad.
Advantages of Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty In Hyderabad
At First Consultation
The doctor will first inquire about your medical and health history to ensure the surgery is safe and causes no other anomalies. He will then look for the surgical scars on the abdomen and elicit history regarding previous surgeries. Patients will be examined in the supine position to assess the strength and integrity of the abdominal muscles to rule out any umbilical hernias and incisional hernias. The doctor will also check for the extra excess skin below the umbilical level in the standing position to assess the extent of skin that has to be removed at the time of surgery. You can then discuss your requirements and needs with the doctor and come up with the right decision and plan of action.
There are different techniques in achieving the best tummy tuck result. The technique that best suits the patient’s condition will be chosen according to the patient and surgeon’s preference.
Step 1 – General anesthesia is given to the patient.
Step 2 – An incision is made from one end of the hip to the other between the belly button and the public hairline. The size of the incision will depend on the amount of excess skin that is to be removed.
Step 3 – Another incision is made around the navel to loosen the surrounding skin and is majorly for the excess fat in the upper abdomen. The excess skin is removed after tightening and suturing the abdominal muscle.
A smaller incision is made in Partial Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck) where the skin and fat of the lower abdomen is separated and the excess fat is removed. The belly button is either left in place or repositioned. This procedure is done when there is a small amount of abdominal skin to be removed and no significantly protruding abdominal muscle wall.
Step 4 – The incisions are then closed with sutures or tapes.
Instructions Before Surgery
- A thorough investigation will be done into the person’s medical history including information about any medical conditions you may have like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or hypothyroidism etc.
- The surgeon will inquire about any previous surgeries, especially the ones involving the abdomen.
- Your medications will also be looked into to avoid any side effects post surgery.
- You will be asked to take a bath with betadine scrub solution on the day of the surgery.
- The abdomen area will be shaved and cleaned before the surgery to avoid rashes or infections.
Instructions After Surgery
- A small pipe/tube will be attached to suck out any fluids post surgery and the pipe is generally removed within 10 days.
- Follow the medication prescribed by the surgeon post surgery to help numb the pain and discomfort.
- Too much physical strain must be restricted, however, the patient would be asked to walk around with the help of a nurse to avoid blood clots in the abdominal region.
- Abdominal binder must be worn to provide support for your belly.
- Avoid bending or stretching as it can tamper with the sutures.
- Heavy lifting or strenuous physical activity must be restricted until doctor’s advice.
Frequently asked questions
A full tummy tuck is generally done for the areas above and below the belly button whereas a mini tummy tuck would only be done in the lower abdomen region, below the belly button.
It will take time for the pain to completely be gone but the recovery alone can take upto 2 weeks time.
You will experience mild to moderate discomfort and pain post surgery.
Yes, you can book an appointment by reaching out to us via our contact page.
You can contact us for details regarding the cost of the surgery, we will reach out to you at the earliest.
We at Medini Cosmetic clinic in Hyderabad ensure the safety of the patients and our surgical procedures. We maintain hygiene levels with sanitized and a well equipped operation theatre with the surgeries performed only by certified surgeons.