Mole Excision Surgery In Hyderabad
Safe & Secure | 20+ Years of Experience | Affordable Price | Hyderabad
Mole removal is the excision of unwanted dark pigmented growths. People often decide to remove moles for cosmetic reasons because of their size or location. Mole removal encompasses the removal of skin tags, raised moles and flat moles. Some moles appear as flat or raised clusters of heavily pigmented skin cells on or above the skin’s surface showing signs of cancerous transformation of the moles. While most pose no danger, some moles can develop into malignant melanoma. Particularly worrisome moles are those that have mottled colors or irregular edges. These moles are exceptions and must be removed and examined for cancerous cells, especially if one or more of these characteristics seem irregular. Medini Cosmetic clinic offers the best mole excision surgery in Hyderabad that is completely safe with long lasting results.
Ideal Candidates Mole Excision Surgery In Hyderabad
- Patients who are dissatisfied by the appearance of a mole cosmetically. Patients Who are concerned by the appearance of an irregularly-shaped, colored, or sized mole.
- A mole that changes color.
- A mole, birthmark or beauty mark that increases in size or thickness
- A mole or birthmark that changes in texture and is irregular in outline.
- A mole, birthmark, beauty mark, or any brown spot that is bigger than 6mm or 1/4”, the size of a pencil eraser
- A mole, birthmark, beauty mark, or any brown spot that appears after age 21
- A spot or sore that continues to itch, hurt, crust, scab, erode, or bleed
- An open sore that does not heal within three weeks.
A mole, birthmark, beauty mark, or any brown spot that
At First Consultation
Detailed history of the mole needs will be recorded. Then the mole will be examined clinically to rule out precancerous changes within the mole. Dr M,Shridharan will evaluate your health during your initial consultation to determine where your moles are located, the potential of its interference with your daily activities and carefully select the best technique, either shaving or excision, to remove each individual mole. Dr.M.Shridharan will explain the risks involved with surgery, and other surgical options if available. You can discuss your worries and concerns and come up with the best plan of action with our doctor.
The mole excision procedure can be done in two ways or techniques. The moles can either be removed by simply cutting it out without stitches or by cutting it with stitches. Let’s look at how it works.
Removal with simple cutting without stitches :
- Step 1 – The surgeon takes a scalpel and shaves the mole, off or slightly below the level of skin.
- Step 2 – Then, either an electrical instrument will cauterize or burn the area or a solution will be placed on the area to stop any bleeding.
- Step 3 – After this, a topical antibiotic is placed on the wound.
- Step 4 – The wound is then covered with a bandage. The doctor will give you instructions on how to take care of your wound. You will be able to leave shortly after.
Removal by cutting with stitches :
Moles removed by excision (cutting) with stitches are usually darker in color or flat moles, or both.
- Step 1 – The surgeon maps out the mole and then sterilizes or cleans the area and numbs it.
- Step 2 – Then a scalpel is used to cut the mole and a border surrounding the mole. The border size depends on the concern of the surgeon about the possible chances of precancer or cancer for the mole being removed.
- Step 3 – Depending on the depth, stitches are placed either deep (these are absorbed by the body and do not have to be removed) or on the upper surface of the skin (these don’t absorb and will be removed later).
- Step 4 – Stitches are cleaned and a layer of antiseptic will be applied.
Instructions After Surgery
- You should not smoke or consume alcohol as it can slow down the healing process.
- Clean the wound once or twice a day with either water or diluted hydrogen peroxide. After the wound is cleansed, apply the antibiotic salve and bandage. Repeat this procedure until the wound is healed.
- Apply sunscreen lotion to the suture site whenever they are going out.
- Avoid water bathing at the operated site till the sutures are removed.
- Keep the incision dry and away from water.
- Do not lift heavy weights.
- Sleep with your head elevated at least for 2 days.
Side effects of Mole excision
- There is always a risk of infection.
- A small part of the healthy skin can be gone during the surgery.
- There can be pigmentation or discolouration at the area of the incision.
- Discomfort or pain in the area of excision.
Frequently asked questions
Despite the quick excision process, there’s always a scar that’s left behind that can make up 5-6 months.
You can contact our team at Medini or call us on our number and we will share the details with you.
For most part of it, yes, they are but the moles can however, reappear.
We offer a wide range of cosmetic surgeries ranging from lip injections to liposuction and much more. You can check out our website for more.